REVIEW OF SPORTS SIMULATORS
It is possible to maintain good shape in our time with the help of a huge number of various simulators. Among them are treadmills, exercise bikes, elliptical trainers, rowing simulators and many others. At the same time, simulators can be both universal, acting on several muscle groups at once, and profile, working on one muscle group. In this article we will try to understand in more detail what types of simulators are and what they serve for.
Traditionally, any sports simulators are divided into two types – cardiovascular equipment and weight training equipment. The first type of exercise equipment strengthens the cardiovascular system, allows you to drive off excess fat from the body and increase stamina. Power simulators develop muscles, increase muscle strength. The maximum effect can be achieved by correctly combining classes on both types of simulators. In this case, it will be wiser to start a workout with a cardio simulator, which will allow the muscles to tone and warm up well. This part of the training should occupy about 60% of the total time, the remaining 40% will have to work with a weight trainer.
Cardiovascular equipment includes treadmills, steppers, exercise bikes and rowing machines. Each subsequent lesson on them can be carried out with greater intensity, since this type of simulators perfectly increases endurance. During these workouts, a huge amount of excess calories is burned, and therefore they are ideal for people who want to lose weight. As a rule, they are equipped with an on-board computer on which you can see the number of kilometers traveled, set the speed of the simulator, and also find information about the number of calories burned.
The simulator, installed at home, can significantly save time and money on visits to gyms, fitness centers and training clubs. To install the simulators you need a certain place. In the case of treadmills, you will have to look for a sufficiently large space to accommodate. Steppers are much more compact exercise machines for which it is not difficult to find a place. However, do not write off making a purchase if you are not sure that you can conduct regular training at least two to three times a week. Unsystematic activities will not help you achieve the desired effect.
In general, treadmills justify their large dimensions with excellent performance. In fact, it is during running that a person transfers the entire mass of his body in space, which contributes to a significant acceleration of metabolic processes, burning calories and overall strengthening of the body. At the same time, one should not think that when running only the leg muscles work – they are actively involved in the work and the back muscles and the entire chest belt. The cost of a running simulator is determined by the drive used in them, which carries out the movement of the running surface. The cheapest are mechanical drives in which the blade is driven directly by the force of the legs. At the same time, the course of the canvas is quite tight, as a result of which the athlete’s movements lose the necessary smoothness. Mechanical drives are increasingly being replaced by electric ones, in which all movement is carried out by a special electric motor. At the same time, the track moves smoothly and almost silently. The speed of the electric treadmill can reach 16 kilometers per hour, while it is equipped with many additional parameters. On a special display, you can set the route, indicate the desired terrain, change the angle of inclination, and also calculate the required load and the optimal training time using a special calorie calculator. The problem with the dimensions in the most advanced models of treadmills is solved by the method of vertical addition.
Of great interest are elliptical trainers. They are a hybrid of a stepper, exercise bike and treadmill. Classes at them are very effective and at the same time do not harm the joints. The design of the simulators also allows you to train your back, arms and chest. When training on these simulators, the principle of cross-training is used. It is necessary to stand on special pedals, and grasp the handle with your hands. The pedals rotate along an elliptical path that mimics the conditions of natural walking and running. During training, the load on the knee joint and ankle is excluded, which classic treadmills and exercise bikes cannot boast of. At the same time, not only the muscles of the legs, but also the muscles of the back and arms will be included in the work. In addition to traditional cardiotraining, the muscles of the legs and shoulder girdle are also provided. And although many elliptical trainers are large, they can be folded, which reduces the space they occupy by half.